Log In | Contact Us| View Cart (0)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Alpha Rho Tau. Eastern Kentucky University Chapter (1939-1950) | Eastern Kentucky University - Special Collections and Archives

Name: Alpha Rho Tau. Eastern Kentucky University Chapter (1939-1950)


Historical Note: The Eastern Art Club was founded in 1935. The organization's name was changed in 1939 at the recommendation of Dr. Frederic P. Giles, an Art Department faculty member, who suggested that the club take a more distinctive name using the Greek letters Alpha Rho Tau, or ART. In early 1950 Alpha Rho Tau decided to affiliate with the national organization, Kappa Pi. At a banquet held in the Student Union Building on March 24, 1950 a representative of Kappa Pi officially installed the club as the Alpha Alpha Psi chapter, one of 96 chapters in the U.S. The purpose of the club was to bring together students with an interest in art so that they could enjoy and participate in art activities in addition to those offered in the classroom.





Page Generated in: 0.153 seconds (using 113 queries).
Using 2.93MB of memory. (Peak of 3.06MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21
Copyright ©2011 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign